Wednesday 14 December 2011

XX FLORENCE WELCH XX MAJOR STYLE CRUSH X

There is nothing out there quite like her. With her flowing flaming androgyny in couture! She is hugely inspiring with her killer lyrics and killer looks... She broke through in 2009 and she'll be around for a long while, her originality makes her timeless.

Welch has become a bit of a fashion Icon, instantly recognisable for her red curls with a style that has been described as daring but nonchalant. When discussing her own fashion style, Welch said ,  "for the stage , it's Lady of Shalott meets Ophelia... mixed with scary gothic bat lady. But in real life I'm kind of prim." Her mother is a Harvard-educated Professor of Renaissance Studies at Queen Mary, University of London. This surely rubbed off on Welch as her songs, style and poise are worthy of their own micro Renaissance movement.


This is Pictures of Florence and The Machine performing at the Chanel Show at Paris fashion Week


Gucci designed dressed her for her 2011 summer tour.

Florence has mentioned that her style and music icons and inspirations include the Cockettes, Francoise Hardy and Stevie Nicks.



The Cockettes were a psychedelic queer troupe founded in the late 1960s in San Francisco's North Beeach neighborhood.


Francoise Hardy


 Stevie Nicks

Shop the Style




The best place to get the Florence Welch look is at the american online shop Spanish Moss, it has loads of beautiful and dramatic flowing dresses.

We'll leave you with a little song. Thanks for checking out the blog. XX STYLE MARKET

And I'm dammed if I do and I am dammed if I don't
So here is to drinks in the dark at the end of my road
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark and right at my throat
Cause looking for heaven, and the devil in me
Looking for heaven, and the devil in me
Well what the hell I am going to let it happen to me

No comments:

Post a Comment